Selecting a financial planner to work with can be an exhaustive task. Not knowing where to begin, how to effectively interview potential candidates and ultimately who to TRUST are obstacles all individuals and families in this position face. We pride ourselves in being transparent, thorough and candid with all our current and potential clients. As you begin on this journey, here are some 1st steps you can take to ready yourself for a conversation with an advisor.
- Determine and write down your short and long-term financial plans and life goals.
- For a week, keep track of every penny you spend, to see where your money is going.
- Gather records such as tax returns and checking, brokerage and retirement account statements.
- Figure out your retirement planning goals and how you expect to meet them.
- Think hard about you want to protect your heirs after you’re gone.